Thursday, April 30, 2009

What did I do all day?

I feel like for the past two days I have been covered in glue and surrounded by flowers, glitter, faux jewels and paper. Oh... I have. Over on Etsy I received ONE, yes, count them it ONE, order for note cards. And, to be honest, that was from my mom. I received the order in oh December or January and just got around to completing it yesterday. She needed it for next week. Yes, sometimes I do my best work when I procrastinate.

However, once all the paper, buttons, flowers, brads, rhinestones, glue sticks, paper pads and cut outs were ALL over two whole card tables, the floor and the desks... well, I just kept going. So, hopefully in the next 24-48 hours I'll photograph the completed projects and put them up on my Etsy for sale. (Look for them on Saturday.)

You may wonder what my girls were up to while I was wasting my time busily working, and I'll be happy to tell you. This week the girls had their first ever experiences with standardized testing. I never did this with the boys, just felt confident I guess. But I'm feeling frustrated and thinking perhaps I'm not keeping up, so this is going to be my "wake up" call. (I hope it's not my "get out of Dodge" call... ) Anyway, they had testing from 8:45-11:30 each day and a friend was kind enough to bring them home so I didn't see them till noon. Now, Monday was chock full of things to do, and Tuesday... well, it's a blur. But yesterday I got everything out and set to work. Not only did I complete my mom's order and a small wall hanging, but in addition I also completed a paper frame and 3 sets of note cards. Plus dishes have been done, food cooked and the house "picked up." OH, and the ironing was finished as well. Scary... my ironing has been up to date for the past 4 weeks or so! Anyway, today I just kept on working and that's when I finished the rest of the projects. It feels so good to have things accomplished. Not only that, but when I was done and put away the various things I had been using the craft supplies looked neater than they had for some time. Of course the floor needs to be vacuumed, but with everyone in bed I hardly think now is the time.

Well, tomorrow is the presbytery meeting and we're headed off to the worship service. So, we have to be up early to complete our school work before co-op, which will start late to allow us time to worship. I think that part of the joy of homeschooling is being able to flex the schedule to fit in important things like extra worship services. And paper art. Or not...

Well, in two minutes it's tomorrow, so I had best sign off.
Shalom, Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment

So glad you stopped by for a visit. I look forward to reading your ruminations. (I like playing with words!)
Blessings, Kim