Wednesday, January 6, 2010

How do you like it?

Welcome to my new look. I've been playing with this idea for a while. You know, if you've followed any of my blogs for the last 5 years, that I can't leave my blog alone. Sooner or later I need a new name, new theme, new host site, something. I've wanted to change the look to fit my art and this seems to capture it pretty well. As a matter of fact the picture in the header is one I used for my new necklaces on Etsy.

There may be more changes in store. I have yet to decide. I want a place where I can feature my artwork and talk about it more. That and auctions, antique markets, etc. Funny thing is a friend of mine just started a second blog for that very purpose. I don't want to look like a copycat so I'll hold off and we'll see what's what here.

Currently I'm in a bit of a holding pattern art wise. I don't want to spend too much money if there's not a market for my art, and yet I don't want to be afraid to try new things. I have a project which I hope will come to fruit by next fall. I'm very excited about it, but it's going to stretch me. I'll have to learn to solder, and I'll have to be looking for certain pieces of metal and I'll also have to do a Bible study. Doesn't that make you curious? Well, I won't be telling.

In the meantime I have more charms to make for necklaces, a large collage on canvas, and am hoping to do some assemblage, or "3D collage", in some beautiful old wooden drawers and boxes that I have waiting.

Of course, this is all presuming I find any kind of a market for my items. The Etsy shop is just not generating the visits and I'm still trying to work on that. My memory boxes at "Lola Rue" downtown are not moving fast, although I have sold a few. And, I have one gallery in Nashville that may be interested in my bottles, but the consignment is high... 60/40 and I don't want to price myself out of the market when the economy is so bad. Guess I need to keep praying and to trust that if my art voice is going to be heard that God will do the guiding... it's to His glory, and not to my own and I must remember that.

Meanwhile, please be in prayer for JoAnnA and her husband Ron. They've been experiencing some pretty hard trials and now Ron is headed back to the hospital for complications from his brain surgery.

Blessings, and Happy 2010. I'll be writing more now that the break is over.
Shalom,
Kim

1 comment:

So glad you stopped by for a visit. I look forward to reading your ruminations. (I like playing with words!)
Blessings, Kim