Tuesday, May 25, 2010

~Weaning is painful~

No, I'm not talking about weaning a baby. I'm talking about myself. I'm in the process of weaning myself from various things: too much facebook, too much blog reading, too much food, too much stuff... you get the picture.

I found, as I mentioned in a previous post, that I was getting rather discontent with my life when I focused too much on the Internet stuff. I was trying to be somebody else. Not the somebody God made me to be. As for the food... ACK! I need to lose 50-60 lbs. I've been working at it bit by bit, but then not being too particular. So, now it's serious. I'm working on it, while trying not to let weight loss become a new idol in my life. I simply want to be healthy: spiritually, emotionally and physically.

So, consequently, if you see less on the blog, not to worry. I'm just busy finding what God wants me to do with my days. Plus I plan on enjoying my summer with Dear and the girls. Young Man has come and gone. He was home for 12 days between the end of school and the start of his internship. It became very evident to me, and to MMH, that he is now a man. While he "comes home"... it's definitely for a visit and not because he lives here anymore. He wants to work, to be useful, to be used by God. So, although he'll "pop into the nest" now and again, basically we've emptied half the nest as Senior Son "moved out" officially a few years ago. Sad and sweet... it's what mothers do. They work hard so as to put themselves "out of a job" so to speak.

But, with Wee One and MMH still at home I'm still busy. VERY busy. Oh, and on-call for two babies. Expecting to be part of some incredible times here, could be today or up to 3 weeks from now. (All depends on the Lord's timing.)

Hope you're enjoying your summer break. We are. There are still lots of pictures I need to share, but they will have to wait for another time.

Hugs,
Kim

1 comment:

  1. Praying for you my friend, as you prepare to make changes in your life. I love you.

    ReplyDelete

So glad you stopped by for a visit. I look forward to reading your ruminations. (I like playing with words!)
Blessings, Kim