Monday, May 25, 2009

My life in pictures... and words.

Actually, it's not my whole life, but perhaps the past four weeks or so. And, to be honest, I don't have photos of it all... but at least the title caught your attention. Yeah... that's it.

First off you may note that the uppermost post is no longer about young man's trip. That's because he's on the way. Currently, if my figuring is accurate (which I'm sure it's not), then Young Man should be over Africa somewhere. Or landed. Or not. You know, I just don't get the whole international date line, time changes, etc. China was easy... one country, one time. Figure it once and be done. But Eastern time to Central time to Heathrow time to Africa time, well let's just say I really don't have a clue. At 10:45 a.m Maseru, Lesotho, Africa time Young Man should be on the ground. Lord willing.

We, on the other hand, are not in the air, not running, and actually I'm blogging because our picnic plans got cancelled due to the last 13 hours of rain, more expected and flash flood warnings. Boy, makes me remember Young Man's graduation weekend. Yeah... let's not go there.

So, I'm here and uploaded a bunch of pics to Photobucket... can you say tedious? Now, I'm going to do my best to get them to my blog in one or more posts. First I think I'll show Young Man's solo. Too bad there' s no video. Just photos of him by the plane. What you don't see is that afterwards they ripped up his t-shirt and wrote on it to commemorate the day. I guess it's a guy thing. But, take a look at this handsome dude. I think he looks fairly pleased. And, by the way, thank you all for your prayers. SUCH a BLESSING!!

cockpit before solo

solo cockpit pic

solo tail pick

Just sayin'... I think I have a handsome son!
Blessings, Kim
p.s. See those clouds in the background? That morning... ON the runway. They had a LOW cloud ceiling, then fog ON the runway. At flight time they rolled back, opened up and away he flew. I just want you to know that your prayers really really made a difference that day. Keep them coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment

So glad you stopped by for a visit. I look forward to reading your ruminations. (I like playing with words!)
Blessings, Kim