Sunday, January 10, 2010

Post 67... an introduction to the OTHER side of my life

So, you hear about my kids, my husband, my art, my love of vintage, but I'm wondering how many of you knew/know that I am also a doula. Technically a doula-in-training, but I've actually served as a doula for almost 25 years now.

The Lord began to use me in the birthing community BEFORE my own children were born. It's a long story. Maybe if someone asks nicely I can share a bit about it, but I am always careful of client confidentiality.

Trained as an ASPO/Lamaze CBE I taught with a local birth class service until the owner moved on to other work and I took over. I ran the business for about 9 years, then took a break as our girls arrived, first from Korea and then from China. Due to some attachment issues I had to take that break and am now working myself back into the birthing community. One of the doulas in my town has a website you can visit to learn more. She and I have known each other just over 16years... I served as both her CBE (childbirth educator) and doula for a few of her births. Kind of funny that she ended up passing me up and getting her doula certification first. Life's funny that way!

If any of you in my area are in need of my services feel free to email or leave a comment. I'll be happy to work with you.

Blessings, Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment

So glad you stopped by for a visit. I look forward to reading your ruminations. (I like playing with words!)
Blessings, Kim