Sunday, January 1, 2012

Aged Women...

Welcome 2012. This is my last year in my forties. Yep, I'm admitting it here in public. Or at least to those few who still chance to read this blog. According to some I'll soon be joining the ranks of "aged women" although many days I don't feel aged at all. But, if years count I guess approaching 50 counts for something!


I've been doing a lot of thinking and praying this year. I've been studying and learning. I've gone through many changes, both good and bad. And as I sit here in the first hour of 2012 I want to be careful of what I hope for in the new year. I could resolve to strive  for health, diet, exercise, and many more things. But, as I sat down to jot a quick post what came to mind was the Titus 2 woman. 



3 that aged women likewise be reverent in demeanor, not slanderers nor enslaved to much wine, teachers of that which is good;
 4 that they may train the young women to love their husbands, to love their children,
 5 to be sober-minded, chaste, workers at home, kind, being in subjection to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed:
Titus 2: 3-5

And, so I'll be praying that the Lord will grant me His wisdom so I may become more of who He wants me to be, and less of who the world expects me to be. No lengthy posts here, just a hope for biblical womanhood this year, and that I may impart that as well to my daughters. 


Galatians 1:3
Grace to you and peace from God the Father, and our Lord Jesus Christ,


Blessings!
Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment

So glad you stopped by for a visit. I look forward to reading your ruminations. (I like playing with words!)
Blessings, Kim