Sunday, January 24, 2010

Okay Y'all,

I need a little help here.

I am blogging for several purposes. The main one of course is to keep in touch with family and friends. (I wish they'd comment here, but they rarely do. I should at least mention that they email their comments to me though.)

However, the other reason is to provide an introduction to my art. Currently I have one show a year. And, by dint of the community we're in I am told my more Victorian style art will not sell as well. So, I've been working on new venues: Etsy, ArtFire, a shop in a nearby town. But, with very few readers here that gives me little exposure on the online venues unless someone just happens upon my work.

So, here are my questions:
  1. Are there things that would make this blog more visible?
  2. (As in how can I draw in more readers?)
  3. Do giveaways help?
  4. If I said, "For every piece ordered, if the buyer mentions the reader who suggested my work, then the reader will also receive a small gift/token/art piece." Will that encourage anyone to share my blog or Etsy or ArtFire sites?

Really, I'm not desperate, but I am looking to learn and figure all you who read blogs must know what makes a blog more readable or at least more read... I hope that makes sense.

Anyway, I'm just working on this for this site for now, but will, in future, use it also on my doula blog site which you can find listed on my profile page. Thanks ever so much. I really appreciate all the help.

Blessings, Kim

1 comment:

So glad you stopped by for a visit. I look forward to reading your ruminations. (I like playing with words!)
Blessings, Kim