Friday, January 27, 2012

Splendor and Beauty

Some know the significance of these words in my daughter's life. MMH is both splendid and beautiful. Her beauty is not just that which we see on the outside, but is the beauty of a young woman learning to follow God more closely and to see what He has planned for her life. It is the beauty of trust as she watches her friends' lives change in ways different from hers, but trusts that God is still at work.

And, lest you think I'm too sappy, beauty is also present when God gives us strength to tell her "no," or "try again," or any of the other words and phrases we might use when she chooses a poor path or makes a doubtful decision.

But, tonight splendor and beauty did describe her appearance. I love my daughter!
 Sometimes, despite seeing how much she's grown I still catch a glimpse of the precious baby I once held.
 We had a lot of fun shopping for her outfit. 
I never shopped for a wedding dress, as I wore my mother's. Nor did I attend a formal dance where I was able to shop for my own dress. So being able to accompany MMH on her dress excursion was a treat!
 The occasion was a "Formal Masquerade Ball" in honor of her friend's Sweet Sixteen. MMH designed and created her own mask. 
And that's my girl... sorry for the blur, someone else took the photo at the party. But, that's the sweet smile I love so much. 

Soon it will be your turn our splendid and beautiful daughter. Sweet Sixteen is just around the corner for you. 
Love, 
Kim

2 comments:

So glad you stopped by for a visit. I look forward to reading your ruminations. (I like playing with words!)
Blessings, Kim